Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gajjar ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)

Yipee..... This is my 50th post and I'm so excited... Thanks to all my friends who have been encouraging me, which push me to do more... .... As a celebration I wanted to post something sweet and delicious. So presenting you the carrot halwa... Its one of the easiest recipe again, not much of strain other than grating the carrot. I used microwave because its takes much lesser time than cooking on gas.


Ingredients:

Carrot (grated) - 2 Cup
Milk - 1 Cup
Sugar - 3/4 Cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashewnut - 10-15 nos. (broken into small pieces)
Raisins - 15-20 nos.
How to make:

1. In a microwave bowl add the carrot and milk. Put this in microwave for10 mins...
Incase you are cooking on gas, pressure cook the grated carrot with milk in cooker for 20 mins.

2. Now add the sugar, stir well and keep for another 5 mins.
In a thick bottom pan, add the cooked carrot and sugar and cook till the sugar dissolves and is completely absorbed by the carrot.

3. In a small bowl, add 1 tbsp of ghee and cashewnuts and raisins, keep for about 1-1 1/2 mins...
4. Add this to the carrot hawa and the balance ghee. Keep for another 2 mins.

5. Hot hot gajjar ka halwa is ready... Serve it hot with vanilla ice cream.... !

No comments:

Post a Comment