Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Parangika Aval Pakoda

Very little pumpkin was left in my fridge which won't e enough for kootu... So I was wondering how to use it.. I could have used it for sambhar. But then I wanted to do something different. So came up with this. My husband doesn't like pumpkin. But when I gave this, he ate and didn't even know that there was pumpkin in this.. Since the pumpkin was little only, I also added aval(rice flakes) to give a different twist. The taste was just awesome. I gave it to my neighbours also and asked them to guess the ingredient. None of them were able to guess the pumpkin or aval.


Ingredients:
 
Pumpkin (grated) - 1/2 Cup
Aval (Rice flakes) - 1/2 cup
Besan flour - 2 tbsp
Maida - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
Sesame seeds (Till seeds) - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves (finely chopped) - 1 tbsp
Oil - for frying
 
How to make:
 
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl without adding water, since pumpkin has little moisture. Just sprinkle little water and mix well. Leave it aside for 5 mins. The rice flakes will become soft.
 
2. Heat oil in a kadai, and drop small small pakoda inside the hot oil. Fry and take it out once it turns golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment